quarta-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2015

final words/palavras finais



in my dream you tell me 
you are dancing with fire.
'touch it', you say.  a girl
walks by, her hair the color
of newborn flame.  or 
pumpkins. i look again
into the picture, see only
black background,  and 
in the next frame, squirrels playing,
their cheeks round with nuts.
soon all falls silent. it is
summertime already and
     here i am stranded
 on this side of the ocean,
or at some other distance
equally unswimmable.

palavras finais

no sonho você me conta
que dança com fogo. 
'toque-o'  me diz.  uma 
garota passa na minha frente,
seu cabelo a cor de flama nova.
ou abóboras.  olho de novo
para a imagem, vejo só
um fundo preto, e na próxima,
esquilos que brincam, suas
bochechas cheias de sementes.
logo cai um silêncio terrível. 
é o  verão que entra, e eu aqui,
atolada
deste lado do oceano, ou 
à alguma outra distância
igualmente impossível
de atravessar 
a nado.

dezembro 2015.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Young lady on a white horse.

    Young lady on white horse   Stopping dead in her tracks I couldn’t tell if it was acquiescence Or reproach.   Still I shot – I...